Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GDG Artist Spotlight: Moro Rogers


This week, we talk to GDG's Moro Rogers, another one of our Los Angeles based members! She's already had a few pieces in our Winter boutique show and our Valentine's show!  Keep an eye out for more of her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!

Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Moro!

1. What's your name?
Moro Rogers

2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now?
I am originally from Newark, Delaware--a place without much of an animation scene (although it does have snow.) After I graduated from Calarts I moved to Sylmar, a northern suburb of LA, and live there still.  

3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups? 
Various things like storyboards, photoshop stuff and freelance. I'm also working on a graphic novel...the more people I tell, the more likely I am to finish it.

4. What's your favorite medium to work in? 
Hmm...Maybe watercolor, because it's fast and spontaneous, but I like oil and digital too.

5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal? 
Probably for the same reasons that actual girls have timeless, wide appeal.=p 

6. Define what "sexy" means to you.
I guess it can mean a lot of different things...Maybe I can't define it, but I can use it in a sentence, such as 'In the field of paleontology, the study of dinosaurs is generally considered more sexy than the study of crinoids.' 

7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist? 
To make something of my own, something I feel is really good.

8. Why do you like drawing ladies?
They are a nice curvy shape! 

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 
Japan, China, Italy, parts of South America...There's still a lot of North America I want to see as well. 

10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire. 
I like a bunch of artists...In terms of girl pics, I really admire Mucha, Frazetta and Chris Sanders. (Oh, and my dad, who is also a pinup artist.)

********

Thanks Moro!

And don't forget to check out her website at

No comments: