Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Moro!
1. What's your name?
2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now?
I am originally from Newark, Delaware--a place without much of an animation scene (although it does have snow.) After I graduated from Calarts I moved to Sylmar, a northern suburb of LA, and live there still.
3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups?
Various things like storyboards, photoshop stuff and freelance. I'm also working on a graphic novel...the more people I tell, the more likely I am to finish it.
4. What's your favorite medium to work in?
Hmm...Maybe watercolor, because it's fast and spontaneous, but I like oil and digital too.
5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal?
Probably for the same reasons that actual girls have timeless, wide appeal.=p
6. Define what "sexy" means to you.
I guess it can mean a lot of different things...Maybe I can't define it, but I can use it in a sentence, such as 'In the field of paleontology, the study of dinosaurs is generally considered more sexy than the study of crinoids.'
7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist?
To make something of my own, something I feel is really good.
8. Why do you like drawing ladies?
They are a nice curvy shape!
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Japan, China, Italy, parts of South America...There's still a lot of North America I want to see as well.
10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire.
I like a bunch of artists...In terms of girl pics, I really admire Mucha, Frazetta and Chris Sanders. (Oh, and my dad, who is also a pinup artist.)
And don't forget to check out her website at