Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GDG Artist Spotlight: Rachel C. Young


This week, we talk to GDG's Rachel C. Young, another one of our Los Angeles based members! Keep an eye out for her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!

Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Rachel!

1. What's your name? 
Rachel C. Young

2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now? 
Originally from Wheaton IL (near Chicago), currently live in Monrovia CA

3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups? 
It varies. Right now I'm storyboarding an animated Snoop Dogg music video so that involves what I do for a living AND drawing sexy ladies, haha. I'm also self-publishing comics.

4. What's your favorite medium to work in? 
Flash and Photoshop and pencil :D

5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal? 
Because it represents sex and nearly everyone has sex and has been having sex since the beginning of time.

6. Define what "sexy" means to you. 
Sexy to me is a feeling, like any other feeling

7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist? 
My biggest goal is to be traditionally animating for a living, but I'm not counting on that happening. So, it's something I do in my free time, but I would at least hope to continue working professionally as an artist one way or another.

8. Why do you like drawing ladies? 
I like drawing people because I can relate to them better than things or animals. Ladies make up 50% of people, so.....

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 
I'm not a big traveler, I haven't been to many places so if I was forced to take a vacation it'd probably just be home. Or to the Zennor Church that has mermaid statues in it in the UK :D

10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire. 
As an animator it is difficult to get inspired by three individuals as animation is usually a team effort. I am inspired by any group of people that manage to work together well enough to complete a project as I know from my own experiences it isn't always easy.

********

Thanks Rachel!

And don't forget to check out her websites at

No comments: