Wednesday, June 16, 2010

GDG Artist Spotlight: Chantal El-Bikai

This week, we talk to GDG's Chantal El-Bikai, one of our very first UK based members!  Yay International girls with T&A!!! ; D Keep an eye out for some of her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!

Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight,  Chantal!


1. What's your name?
Chantal El-Bikai

2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now?
Lebanese who was born in the UAE, and moved around quite a bit! Currently living back in the UK.

3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups?
I do a little bit of freelance, and the odd job here and there. At the moment I'm a cover teacher at a college.

4. What's your favorite medium to work in?
HMMMMM!!!! Tough one. I like using watercolours, though I am no where near good enough to pull them off. I stick to using Illustrator and Photoshop for my inking and colouring.

5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal?
They're sexy, cute, innocent looking! Who wouldn't like that!

6. Define what "sexy" means to you.
Hmmm. Being comfortable in your own skin.

7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist?
To always get better, and to hopefully inspire.

8. Why do you like drawing ladies?
Ladies are just sooooo much fun to draw. You can put em in all kinds of cute poses. You cant really do that with guys.

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Hawaii for sure! Would love to visit New York and California, as well as Italy.

10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire.
Fred Moore. I think his girl drawings are what inspired me to start drawing woman more.
Mary Blair. She had such a wonderful eye for colour and design.
Chris Sanders. Again, the way he draws women is just so inspiring!


******** 

Thanks Chantal! 

And don't forget to check out her website at 

1 comment:

CaptainChants said...

Awww! It;s my interview on my birthday!!!

I haven't been extremely active in the art world recently, hopefully that will change soon!!!

Cheers!!!!