Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GDG Artist Spotlight - Aida Sofía Barba

This week, we talk to GDG's Aida Sofía Barba, one of our members from Central America! Keep an eye out for more of her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!

Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Aida!



1. What's your name?
Aida Sofía Barba

2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now? 
I'm from Guadalajara, México, and still living here.

3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups? 
I am a freelance illustrator, I have been working on editorial illustrations, and actually I'm planning my own business.

4. What's your favorite medium to work in? 
Vectors for digital media, and watercolor for traditional media.

5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal? 
Because Female body have been and will be always beautiful and admirable, all the curves of female anatomy are so armonic so I think they always catch our attention. We are beautiful!

6. Define what "sexy" means to you. 
Sexy is self confidence, self esteem, a sparkly personality and of course, lot's of curves!!!

7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist? 
I really want to see my characters bring to life in a movie theater! I wanna be part of an animation movie.

8. Why do you like drawing ladies? 
Because the curves of the female body are very armonic, you can make wonderful feelings and expressions with just a turn of the hips.

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 
Right know I really want to take a cruise over the Bahamas, or the Caribbean. And other places I want to know are Brazil, Greek islands and Cabo San Lucas, a famous beach on my country, Mexico.

10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire. 
Glen Keane, Claire Keane, Britney Lee, Dean Yeagle, Chris Sanders 


**********

Thanks Aida!!
Check out more of her work at her website:

www.kimi-mo.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Melissa Ballesteros said...

WUJU!! ESO ES FELICIDADES !!! ASI SON LAS MEXICANAS

Aida Sofía Barba Flores said...

jajajaja :) gracias Mely!!! espero ver la tuya pronto :D