Wednesday, May 4, 2011

GDG Artist Spotlight - Ellen Crenshaw



This week, we talk to GDG's , one of our East Coast members! Keep an eye out for more of her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!

Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Ellen!

1. What's your name?     
Ellen Crenshaw

2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now?     

I grew up in North Palm Beach, Florida where I ran around in my bathing suit all day and caught lizards in my backyard.  Now I live in East Boston, Mass, where I decidedly am not in a bathing suit all day, but I get to experience fall.  It's a give and take.

3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups?     

I'm a freelance illustrator.

4. What's your favorite medium to work in?     

Ink and watercolor.  I'm developing an interest in digital, however.

5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal?     

The female figure is so beautiful.  I think physical attraction to a woman transcends gender and orientation.  Artists will always love depicting beautiful women and people will always love looking at them.

6. Define what "sexy" means to you.     

Sexy to me is confidence, wit, nice arms, and a big nose.

7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist?     

To never lack work.  If there comes a day when I can decline a project because I want to go on vacation, I'll have made it.

8. Why do you like drawing ladies?     

See #5.  Women are so fun to draw, and I am a woman so I can relate to them.

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?     

I'd love to spend a warm day at Versailles.  I went last year with my husband, but we only got a taste of the gardens.  I want to bring a picnic lunch and stay in those gardens from dawn until dusk.

10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire.    
 
Chuck Jones, Craig Thompson, Graham Annable.


**********
Thanks Ellen!!
Check out more of her work at her website:
www.etcillustration.com

No comments: