This week, we talk to GDG's Silvia Ortega, one of our European members! Keep an eye out for more of her amazing artwork in upcoming shows and in one of GDG's many upcoming projects!
Welcome to the Girls Drawin Girls Spotlight, Silvia!
1. What's your name?
I'm Silvia Ortega
2. Where are you originally from, and where do you live now?
I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and I lived here all of my life
3. What do you do for a living when you're not drawing sexy pinups?
I'm children's books illustrator and animator assistant
4. What's your favorite medium to work in?
I love pastel crayons and photoshop painting
5. Why do you think the pinup girl has such a timeless, wide appeal?
Because we all like to be one of them
6. Define what "sexy" means to you.
Seduce with eyes
7. What's your biggest goal/ambition as an artist?
Continue working in what I like
8. Why do you like drawing ladies?
Because I reflect in them a part of me, and it relaxes me
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Anywhere, I love travel, but specifically Japan (I have a friend there and I would like to visit her)
10. Name three artists who have influenced you and/or you admire.
Many!, but specially Arthur de Pins, Bill Pressing and (of course) Gil Elvgren
Check out more of her work at her website: